Middlemarch Environmental is one of the UK’s leading ecological consultancies. For the last 20 years, we’ve been helping our clients to get their ecology surveys actioned in time to meet tight planning deadlines.
Our size means that we can be on site quickly and in an average month we manage more than 200 ecological and biodiversity projects nationwide, for a range of private companies, individuals and local authorities.
Middlemarch Environmental has extensive experience of providing cost-effective ecology surveys and ecological solutions for all aspects of ecology assessments and mitigation and can provide the following services:
- Preliminary Ecological Assessment
- Protected Species
- BREEAM/Code for Sustainable Homes Assessments (CfSH)
- Tree Surveys
- Ecological Impact Assessments
- Habitat Creation
- GIS Mapping
- Biodiversity Services
The company and/or our staff are members of the of the following organisations;
- Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (IEEM)
- Arboricultural Association
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv)
- British Ecological Society
- Society for Ecological Restoration
The company was set up in 1989 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, which is itself part of The Wildlife Trusts, the largest voluntary organisation in the UK concerned with all aspects of nature conservation and the environment. Our vision is taken from 'Middlemarch' by George Eliot, published in 1872, from which the quote "to do good small work for Middlemarch and great work for the world" is taken. George Eliot was born Mary Ann Evans on 22nd November 1819, at Arbury Farm in North Warwickshire - just over 5 miles away from our offices.